A car accident can happen at any moment on Indiana roads, and the fallout of a crash could leave you suffering from a variety of severe health conditions. While some of these conditions may improve or heal with time, others could carry serious repercussions that may bring about permanent changes to your life.
While some common injuries associated with collisions may include broken bones and whiplash, such incidents also run the unfortunate risk of causing traumatic brain injuries. Similar injuries can present with a multitude of symptoms, some of which could even disrupt your ability to perform everyday tasks.
Not only can traumatic brain injuries affect your current quality of life, but these may also leave you facing the possibility of experiencing a variety of future health concerns. Some examples of the possible effects of a TBI could include the following:
- Physical concerns: Studies show that traumatic brain injuries could leave you suffering from various physical issues, such as frequent headaches and lingering bouts with dizziness and fatigue.
- Visibility and sensitivity: Similar injuries could also impact your vision, make it difficult for you to focus and can cause you to experience issues with sensitivity to bright lights and loud noises.
- Seizures: Traumatic brain injuries also increase the risks you might begin to suffer from seizures, and in some cases, this could lead to permanent health conditions such as epilepsy.
- Emotional effects: Similar injuries can also carry a variety of emotional effects, some of which might include uncontrollable mood shifts and bouts with depression and anxiety.
- Sleep and concentration: Studies also show that such health conditions could disrupt your ability to sleep or to concentrate on and complete daily tasks.
While the symptoms and effects of traumatic brain injuries can vary, dealing with any from of such an injury can be stressful and daunting and can take a heavy toll on various aspects of your life.
Dealing with a TBI
Should a serious collision leave you with a traumatic brain injury, there is a chance you may face various challenges on the road to recovery. While there might be various forms of medical treatment to help address your condition, such injuries may still carry lingering effects and symptoms. Understanding the risks involved as well as your available medical options and legal avenues could be essential to helping you prepare to face whatever the future holds with confidence.