The Law Firm You Want On Your Side
Daniel J. Pfleging
- Criminal 30%
- Civil Litigation 30%
- Adoption 15%
- Family Law 15%
- Family Mediation 10%
Daniel joined Terry Legal Group, LLC after spending twenty-two years as a Judge in Hamilton County, Indiana. Daniel served as the first Magistrate from 1995-2005. In 2005 Daniel was elected Judge of the Hamilton County Superior Court 2 where he presided until his retiring in 2016. During his tenure Daniel presided over major felonies, complex civil litigation, torts (including personal injury and medical malpractice) and family law cases.
Prior to taking the bench Daniel was a partner with Christian, Waltz, White and Klotz. The firm maintained a general practice with an emphasis on criminal, civil, probate and family law. The firm also represented American National Bank of Noblesvillle. Daniel also has served as a deputy prosecuting attorney and a public defender for Hamilton County, Indiana. Daniel's current practice focuses on criminal matters, civil litigation, family law including adoption and family mediation.
Daniel has been actively involved in the community having been a board member and a coach in the Fishers Youth Soccer League. He was a licensed soccer referee from 1991 to 2008 by both the IHSAA and the U.S. Soccer Federation. He has been a board member of the Hamilton County Community Correction Advisory Board, currently serves on the Hamilton County Pre-trial Release Board, and he has been active in his church, Our Lady of Grace serving on the Stewardship Committee, Advisory Board and the Raise the Roof Committee.
In his spare time, he enjoys running, biking, traveling and spending time his wife and family.
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- State of Indiana, Judge or Magistrate, 1995 to 2016
- Christian Waltz Klotz & Pfleging, Partner, 1985 to 1995
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 1974
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S. - 1969
- Major: Business Economics and Public Policy
- Indiana, 1974
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1974
- Hamilton County Community Corrections, Advisory Board, 2008 to 2016
- Hamilton County Pre-trial Release Board, 2012 to Present
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Nu
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Hamilton County Bar Association
- Indiana Judges Association