The Law Firm You Want On Your Side
Sarah Hurdle Shields
- Family Law 50%
- Criminal Defense 50%
Sarah Shields concentrates her practice in criminal defense, family law, and civil litigation. Prior to joining T&G, Sarah worked in the public sector as a Deputy Attorney General, where her practice focused on administrative law and related government litigation, and in the private sector as an associate with an Indianapolis law firm, where her practice focused on insurance defense litigation and appellate representation.
Sarah received her law degree from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law with a concentration in Advocacy Skills. As a law student, she gained valuable experience working in the law school's Appellate Clinic, and as a judicial extern to Justice Steven David in the Indiana Supreme Court, and Judge Timothy Oakes and Judge Heather Welch in Marion Superior Court. Additionally, Sarah served as the Chief Justice of the Robert H. Staton Intramural Moot Court Competition and the Executive Technology Editor of the Indiana Law Review.
A Hamilton County native, Sarah resides in Fishers with her husband, son and daughter, and a handful of dogs and cats. She is an executive committee member of the Indianapolis Bar Association's Women & the Law Division, and an active member of the Junior League of Indianapolis.
Current Employment Position
- Office of the Indiana Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General, 2018 to 2021
- Kightlinger & Gray, LLP, Attorney, 2015 to 2018
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. – 2016
- Law Review: Indiana Law Review, Executive Technology Editor, 2015 – 2016
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Major: Political Science, French
- Indiana, 2016
- Indiana State Bar Association Leadership Development Academy, 2017 - 2018
Fraternities or Sororities
- Alpha Gamma Delta
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, 2014 to Present